Sunday, January 30, 2011

15 Minutes of Fame

You remember that my favorite food storage website was collecting food storage only recipes? Well I submitted like 7 hoping they would choose at least one so I could qualify for a PDF of all the recipes. Good news! This week they are featuring one of the recipes that I sent in! For this week it's right there on their homepage. After this week I think it will show up on this page: Wheat Applesauce Cake This is likely to be my one and only shot at 15 minutes of fame so go check it out.

Also, I added another page to my blog today that includes a list of supplies you might not realize you should be storing, or have on hand, in case of desperate times so check that out too.

Finally, I spent a couple of days this week canning hamburger. It was SO awesome! I took lots of pictures so next week I will post all about it and how to do it. Plus, my hubby went elk hunting again and bagged a big one. He brought home at least 100 pounds of meat. We did manage to squeeze it all into our outdoor freezer but I'm going to spend this week canning a lot of the hamburger from that too. Can't wait to share with you - once you try it, you'll be addicted!

5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I'm not a fan of canned hamburger. I did it once and it tastes so dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Mine was great - I couldn't even tell the difference from fresh. Of course it was just hamburger so that is pretty foolproof.

    Did you add broth to it before putting in the canner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really appreciate your submissions (and PHOTOS)! I can't wait to try this one. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished canning ground beef. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Jack Spirko @ TheSurvivalPodcast would like to interview you for your experiences in 2010 living on your storage food.
    If you are interested, fill out his Guest Submission Survey @ http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/guest-submission

    ReplyDelete